Why Can’t I Change TP Link Password?
TP Link extenders are one of the best WiFi devices used by people around the world in their everyday life. After configuring the extender, you can enjoy the internet on all your connected devices in a hassle-free manner. If you don’t want someone to get access to your WiFi without your say-so, then it is always best to change TP Link password. But, what if you are having a hard time while changing the password of your TP-Link range extender? If so, then this blog can help you learn the reasons why you can’t change TP Link password for your range extender. All you need to do is, stick to reading!
You Can’t Change TP Link Password Because
The login password of the TP Link extender can’t be changed. Yes, you read it right!
TP Link allows users to change the network name for their extenders, but not password. You have to stick with the same password that is of your host network. If still you want to change TP Link password for your extender, then you need to change the password of your host WiFi network.
Quick Tip: If you are having trouble when it comes to changing the password of your host network, feel free to contact our experts for quick assistance.
Users might now approach us to know if they can’t change TP Link password, then how they would be able to protect their WiFi. If so, then worry not! We have got you covered in that part too.
Let’s guide you on how to change the Netgear Name of your TP Link range extender for keeping it secure.
Change TP Link Extender SSID via Tether App
As we have stated that you can’t change TP Link password, but still you can secure your WiFi device by tweaking its network name. Here’s how:
- Get access to your smartphone and head towards the Apple App Store or Google Play Store as per the availability of its OS.
- Once there, locate the Tether app and get it downloaded on your smartphone.
- As soon as you are done with downloading and installing the Tether app, log in to your TP Link range extender.
- You can use the default password for logging in to your extender.
- Completion of the login process will take you to the dashboard of your TP-Link range extender.
- Reaching here, navigate to Extended Network > Network Name.
- You will then be asked to set a new name for your TP Link extender.
- So, do the same. While setting the Network Name on your device, avoid using personal details such as phone number, spouse name, kids name, etc.
- In some TP Link extender models, the location of the Network Name option may vary. If you also can’t locate the Network Name option in the settings of your extender, then head towards the Tools button resting at the bottom of the home screen of your TP Link WiFi range extender.
- Thereafter, proceed further by selecting the Extended Network and Change Wireless Network Name option.
That’s all about how to change TP Link Network Name using the Tether app. In addition, you can create a Guest network account, set parental controls, and hide SSID of your device to add an additional layer of security to it and protect it extender potential threats.
We hope that after going through the steps given above, you got the answer to your question about why you can’t change TP Link password.
Although you can’t change TP Link password for your extender, luckily you can change the login details to be used for accessing the TP-Link ID via Tether app. This can be done by entering your TP Link ID username into the Email address field and selecting forgot password option.
In case you need personalized assistance to change TP Link password of your TP Link ID, get in touch with our technical experts right away.