Want to Change TP Link Extender Password? Let’s Help!
Performing TP-Link range extender setup for strengthening the WiFi coverage of the existing home network has become a widespread practice these days. But, does the user’s duty finish after the installation of the extender? No? A lot of things need to be done post extender setup. One of them is the alteration of the TP Link extender password. What is the extender password and why do you need to change it? Read on to find out.
What is TP Link Extender Password?
Do you remember the stance when you installed the extender and were prompted to enter a password? If yes, then it was the extender’s admin password that you entered. After entering that, the door to the extender’s web-based management interface gets unlocked and you’re free to make changes to the extender’s settings. FYI, the extender’s admin password and WiFi password are different entities. The first one takes you to the extender’s dashboard if entered on the TP-Link login window whereas the latter one allows you to access the extender’s wireless network. Moving on, let’s make you aware of the importance of changing the TP-Link extender password.
Why Change TP Link Extender Password?
Although the TP-Link extender allows its users to assign a new password at the time of the setup process, still users create a weak password in hurry to complete the installation. This is where the need to change the TP-Link extender’s admin password arises. After all, we can’t ignore unauthorized users or hackers who usually look for networking devices having weak admin passwords. Now, give a quick read to the next section and learn how to change the TP Link extender password via https://tp-linkrepeater.us/. However, we would like to tell you that you can take personalized help from our experts at any time of the day if you get stuck with the password-changing process.
How to Change TP Link Extender Password?
- Switch on your computer and load an internet browser.
- The next step is to input the TP-Link repeater URL into the address field and push Enter.
- Do range extender login using the TP-Link ID details or the password you set while installation.
- The moment you see the TP Link dashboard, click the Settings menu.
- Thereafter, select the Admin Account option followed by System Tools.
- On the Admin Account window, input the old password into its respective field.
- Insert the new password twice (firstly into the New Password fields and secondly into the Confirm Password field).
- Click Save.
The TP Link extender password has been changed successfully. Know that the older password of your extender won’t be active anymore. Thus, you are expected to make use of the new TP-Link password for future logins. However, we want you to create a strong admin password making it difficult for hackers to crack. Highlighted in the next section are the tips that will help you choose a strong TP-Link extender login password.
Tips to Create Strong TP Link Extender Password
- Do not use your favorites (fruit, animal, dish, etc.) as the password to log in to your device.
- Try to create an alphanumeric password. If the extender allows, involve special characters too to create a long password.
- Avoid repeating characters like %. Otherwise, the login page will consider it as a programming string.
- The new TP Link extender password is not supposed to match your social media accounts’ passwords.
- Try not to use dictionary words. Instead, go with the randomized ones as they are difficult to guess by strangers.
- Do not use keyboard paths like “12345”, “zxcvb”, or “!@#$%” as the login password for your range extender.
- Common substitutions such as 0 for O and 1 for I should not be used when setting up a strong TP-Link extender’s admin password.
- Making use of important numbers like birthdays, addresses, and anniversaries is also not suggested.
Changing the TP Link extender password is just one step to improving the security level of your home network. We want you to create a unique and tricky password for your TP-Link range extender with the help of the aforementioned instructions. Because this is how a password is meant to be to kick devious unauthorized users. However, if you want to level up and are ready to take the next step to improve your home network’s security, approaching our experts will be a good decision.