TP-Link AC750 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender Installation Guide 
It has been 2023 and still, there are 70% of TP-Link users who are unaware of the steps to carry out the installation process of their WiFi extenders. The reason being, the information provided in the user manual is difficult to understand on some occasions. Keeping this in mind, we’ve summed up the instructions to set up a WiFi range extender brought to you by TP-Link. Here, you will learn two easy-to-execute methods following which setting up the range extender will become a simple task. For reference, we’ve used the TP-Link AC750 mesh Wi-Fi extender.
For your information, this very range extender is known to deliver ultrasonic WiFi speeds in hard-to-wire parts of the house. If it is joined with the host router by the same company i.e. TP-Link, then it can also help you create a mesh network. Keep reading.
TP-Link AC750 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender Installation Methods
You can use one of the following methods to set up your AC750 Wi-Fi mesh extender:
1) Manual method or browser-based method: This method requires you to get into the extender’s graphical user interface via a web browser.
2) WPS method: If you wish to set up a TP-Link AC750 mesh WiFi extender using the WPS method, all you have to make use of is the extender’s WPS [RE] button.
Now, move to the next sections to learn the stepwise instructions to make your WiFi range extender up and running using these approaches.
AC750 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender Setup [Manual Method]
Follow these instructions to configure your range extender using an internet browser:
- Plug your mesh WiFi range extender into a power outlet close to the main router/AP.
- Switch on your computer and allow it to access the extender’s network.
- Load an internet browser and locate the address bar.
- Type http://tplinkrepeater.net and hit Enter.
- Log in to your TP-Link AC750 range extender using the default admin details.
- You will see the Quick Setup wizard where you have to select the network to be extended.
- Select the suitable WiFi Security Option.
- Keep following the on-screen prompts until you see the Finish option.
- Clicking the option will light up the 2.4G/5G LEDs on your extender.
AC750 Mesh Wi-Fi Extender Setup [WPS Method]
If you have a router that supports the WPS configuration, you can opt for this approach. Here’s how:
- Ensure to plug your AC750 mesh range extender near your WiFi router.
- The devices are supposed to share a decent gap [neither too far, nor too close].
- Push the WPS button on your router.
- Do the same thing with your WiFi range extender.
- The WPS LED on your extender will go from flashing to solid.
- You’ve successfully connected both devices. It means the setup is completed.
- The LED will go off in a few minutes.
This is how you can install a TP-Link AC750 mesh Wi-Fi extender using two different approaches. It is advised that you keep the range extender updated after you’re done with the installation process. It will prevent the emergence of issues like the WiFi extender not working in the future. However, let’s hope that you will get success with the process using any of the aforementioned methods.
TP-Link AC750 Mesh Extender – Frequently Asked Questions
1. I cannot access the web management page during AC750 setup. What to do?
Consider re-entering the default values of the extender’s username and password. You might have entered them wrong. Also, ensure a stable internet connection.
2. Does TP-Link AC750 work with any WiFi router?
Yes, the AC750 WiFi mesh range extender brought in by TP-Link is universally compatible with WiFi routers.
3. How to reset AC750 mesh Wi-Fi extender?
To reset your extender, you have to press the Reset button on the extender for a second. Wait until the LEDs flash once. Or, you can also do it via the web-based management page. Go to System Tools Factory Defaults Restore.