Thorough Guide to Change IP Address of TP-Link Extender
A TP-Link extender acts as a bridge between the host router and wireless client devices to fill the dead zones in the house with a superb internet connection. That is why millions prefer installing a TP-Link wireless extender. For the initial setup process, an extender arrives with its default IP address. But, if the IP address is the same as that of the existing internet source i.e. the router, IP conflict can occur. To prevent this, one needs to change IP address of the TP-Link wireless extender.
If you are also looking for a guide to change the IP address of your wireless extender, then we’ve prepared one for you. So, what are you waiting for? Read on.
Before Getting Started
Get access to the following things before starting the process of changing the IP address of your TP-Link wireless range extender:
- A router with an active internet connection
- An Ethernet cable for connecting your TP-Link extender and router
- The default web address of your TP-Link wireless range extender
- The extender’s default admin details
- A web browser running on its updated version
Now, let’s shed light on the steps to change IP address of your TP-Link wireless extender.
Steps to Change IP Address of TP-Link Extender
- Plug your TP-Link wireless extender into a power source.
- Press the Power button on your range extender.
- Wait for the power LED to become solid.
- Thereafter, connect your TP-Link extender and the host router using an Ethernet cable.
- Once done, turn on your laptop or desktop.
- Now, open a web browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera, Microsoft Edge, etc.
- Head the cursor over to the URL field.
- Type the default web address of your device.
- Press the Enter key.
- The TP-Link extender login page will appear on the screen prompting you to enter the device’s admin details.
- Type the tplinkrepeater username and password in the given fields.
- Click the Log In button.
- The TP-Link extender setup wizard will be displayed.
- Select the Network option.
- You will see a window displaying a list of several settings.
- In the IP address section, change IP address to the one which is not used for your TP-Link extender.
- Click the Save button.
In this way, you can change IP address of your TP-Link wireless extender. Keep in mind that the new IP address will become effective once your extender gets rebooted.
Note: The aforementioned steps will remain the same if you have installed a TP-Link wireless access point in your house instead of the extender.
Did you get success in changing the IP address of your TP-Link extender? It looks like you are facing issues while doing so. No problem. Give a shot to the list of instructions mentioned below in order to resolve the issue.
Can’t Change IP Address of TP-Link Extender?
- Make sure that your TP-Link device is plugged into a non-damaged power socket. If not, either consider repairing the power socket in use or plug your TP-Link wireless extender into another one.
- The Ethernet cable used to create a connection between your TP-Link extender and router needs to be damage-free. If it has cuts, either replace it or connect your devices wirelessly.
- Temporarily disable antivirus software and firewall on the wireless client device being used to change IP address of the TP-Link extender. Remember that such software tends to deny access to networking websites including tplinkrepeater.net.
- Do not use the incorrect web address of your TP-Link range extender. Also, make sure not to type it in the search bar of the web browser. Consider using the URL field instead.
- Apart from running on an updated version, the web browser you are currently using needs to be free of cache, cookies, and browsing history.
- Type the correct admin detailswhile performing TP-Link extender login. The reason being, they are case-sensitive and a typo is not acceptable.
By following the aforementioned troubleshooting tactics, you will surely be able to change IP address of your TP-Link wireless extender.
Changing the IP address to avoid IP conflict enhances the user’s internet usage experience. Wrapping up the post with the hope that the guidelines and troubleshooting tips discussed above will help you change IP address of your TP-Link extender. However, if you are still finding it difficult to execute the process, ping our experts right now.