In-Depth Guide to Perform TP Link Firmware Update on Extender
When it comes to streamlining the performance of your TP-Link range extender, the firmware update holds an important place. Not only this, but firmware also protects your WiFi device from cyber threats. Therefore, it is advised to never ignore a pending firmware update of your range extender. Just in case you are unaware of the steps to perform TP Link firmware update on your range extender, this post will help you out. So, read on.
How to Perform TP Link Firmware Update?
Follow the below-mentioned guidelines to perform TP-Link firmware upgrade:
Download the Firmware File
First of all, open a web browser on your computer and download the latest firmware version of your range extender. Remember that the firmware version needs to be in accordance with the model of your TP-Link extender.
After downloading the TP Link firmware update file, extract it to the most convenient location on your computer.
Access the TP-Link Extender Login Page
The next step in line is to access the official login page of your TP-Link wireless extender. For this, open a new tab on the web browser and move the cursor to the address bar. Now, type the default web address of your TP-Link device and press the Enter key.
You will get welcomed by the TP-Link repeater login page. Just in case you are unable to reach the login page of your device using the web address, we recommend you use the default IP address.
Log in to Your TP-Link Extender
On the extender login page, you will be prompted to enter the default tplinkrepeater login credentials. So, do as prompted and click the Log In button.
Caution: The default login credentials of your TP-Link range extender are case-sensitive. Thus, you need to be very careful while typing them. Also, if you have ever changed the extender’s username, consider using it instead of the default one.
Find the Firmware Update Option
As soon as you click Log In, you will be taken to the TP-Link extender’s web-based management utility. Now, click the System Tools tab and find the Firmware Update option. Click it and select Browse.
Now, look for the TP Link firmware update file you’ve extracted earlier. Once found, select it and click the Upload button. Your extender will get updated within a few minutes. Remember that the extender will reboot as a part of the TP-Link firmware upgrade process. So, wait patiently until your TP-Link extender does not get ready to provide you with a lag-free internet connection again.
In this manner, you can perform TP Link firmware update on your extender. However, if you come to nothing even after following the above-discussed steps, it means you lagged somewhere. In that scenario, consider walking through the troubleshooting hacks mentioned below.
Can’t Perform TP Link Firmware Update?
- A number of TP-Link extender users plug the range extender into a non-working wall outlet. Chances are that you have joined the queue. Keep in mind that using a non-working power socket will result in inadequate electricity. So, consider changing it.
- A firm connection between your range extender and the host router is a must requirement for a successful TP Link firmware update process. But, it looks like you acted carelessly while connecting your WiFi devices. So, rectify your mistake and make the connection stable.
- Did you update the web browser before accessing the TP-Link extender login page? No? Then, what are you waiting for? Get the web browser updated. Also, delete the cache, cookies, and browsing history by navigating to the Settings section of the web browser.
- Many users mistakenly type the default web address into the search bar of the web browser, which is wrong. It is advised to never use the search bar for the extender login process. Use the address bar instead.
- While executing the TP Link firmware update process, ensure that your WiFi device is placed away from devices emitting electromagnetic frequencies.
Here, we wrap up the guide to perform TP Link firmware update. Did the aforementioned hacks help you in updating your device successfully? It appears as if you’re still having bad luck. No worries! What are our experts here for? Get in touch with them for immediate help. They are always on their toes to help you.