How to Reset TP Link Router to Its Factory Settings?
You can reset TP Link router back to its factory settings in two different ways. For your information, the reset procedure erases all the customized settings and sets the router to its factory default settings. Thereafter, you need to reconfigure the TP Link router in your home.
In this blog, we outline the two types of methods to reset TP Link router to its factory settings. However, before we start the procedure to reset the router,we recommend you save the backup of the configuration you want to restore after completing the reset. Keep reading!
Methods to Reset TP Link Router
To your knowledge, two types of methods can be used by the users to reset TP Link router. The names of the procedures are the web interface method and the hard reset process. Both processes are very easy to perform. You can go with one of them according to your convenience. In the upcoming passages, we elaborated on both the methods and steps in detail. So, don’t skip the reading!
Reset TP Link Router Via Web Interface
In this method, you need to prepare some important things so that you can successfully reset TP Link router hassle-free. All the things are mentioned in the table:
|Reset Process Prerequisites|
|1. Constant and reliable internet connection.|
|2. Fluctuation-free power supply.|
|3. Updated Web browser.|
|4. Default router web address.|
|5. Admin details of the router.|
|6. Quality Ethernet cable.|
|7. Computer or Laptop.|
In this method, you need to access the default web address of the TP Link router. To know more about the procedure readout the outlined steps:
- Power up the TP Link router by plugging it into the electricity source.
- Connect the router to the host modem with the help of an Ethernet cable.
- Turn on the system like a computer or laptop.
Note: For your information, during the process to avoid disturbance give the battery back up to the computer from UPS in case of a power cut.
- Open the upgraded internet browser on your computer.
- Access the default web address of TP Link router by inserting it into the address bar.
- Press the Enter key.
- You will see the login panel of the router.
- Here, you need to fill in the credentials.
- Click on the Login button.
- Now, TP Link router setup wizard will appear in front of you.
- Navigate the reset option in the dashboard of the router.
- Once the reset option is found you need to click on it and wait for some time.
Note: When you perform the reset TP Link router process make sure all the background activities of the computer are closed because sometimes background activity increases the load on the device and the chances of disturbance are high.
- Thereafter, your router is set to its factory settings successfully.
This is how you can reset TP Link router hassle-free. Now, you need to perform the TP Link setup to customize the settings of the router.
Hard Reset TP Link Router
Every TP-Link router has a reset button, which is usually located at the back of the device. This method is very useful when you have forgotten your router’s web interface password and can’t log in. So, to do this you need to perform some steps that are outlined below:
- Ensure that the device is powered on
- Locate the tiny Reset button on your router.
- It depends on your router model, where the button located is, may be on the rear or front panel.
- Press and hold the reset button for some seconds until you see the light.
- Wait a minute or so for the LED lights to start lighting as usual.
Now, you reset TP Link router to its factory settings through the hard method. Once the process is completed, your device is rebooted automatically.
Hence, these are the two methods that you should know about as a user of TP Link router.
Reset TP Link router to its reset settings is good in some situations like connectivity issues and forgetting the admin details. You can perform one of them at your convenience.
However, in case you have any question related to the procedure or device, then you can contact us any time. Our experts are always on their toes to assist you.