How to Setup TP Link Extender?
Want to do TP Link extender setup? Looking to know the steps for making your TP-Link extender up and running? Worry not! This page covers complete tips and tricks on doing TP Link extender setup without any hassle. All you need to do is follow the steps given in the guide the same as written. Let’s get started with the process of how to setup TP Link extender!
TP Link WiFi Extender Setup Using WPS
- Power up your TP-Link extender by plugging it into a working wall socket.
- After a while, find and press the WPS button on your TP-Link WiFi range extender.
- Press the WPS button on your router as well.
- Wait for some time.
And you’re done! This is how to setup TP Link extender using the WPS button. Just in case your device is not compatible to do WPS setup, then walk through the next section and learn how to setup TP Link extender without WPS.
TP Link Extender Setup without WPS
Note: You can do setup of any TP-Link extender model using the steps given below.
You can also execute the process of TP Link extender setup without WPS. Here’s how to setup TP Link range extender using web GUI.
- Once you are done with unboxing your extender, plug it into a working power socket. However, make sure you choose the power socket that is near to your existing router.
- Now, with the help of an Ethernet cable, connect your TP-Link extender to the existing router. Keep in mind to establish a firm and finger-tight connection between both the devices.
- Open a web browser on your computer. You can choose between various web browsers like Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, etc.
- Type tplinkrepeater.net in the address bar of your launched web browser and press the Enter key.
- A little window will pop up on your device’s screen asking you to enter your username and password.
- So, fill in the necessary details and click Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
How to Setup TP Link Extender as an Access Point?
If you want your TP Link extender to work as an access point then here’s how to do that.
- Connect your devices(router and extender) via an Ethernet cable.
- Open a web browser on your computer.
- Type http://tplinkrepeater.net in the web address field.
- As soon as you reach the TP Link extender login page, type your username and password into the given fields.
- Reached http tplinkrepeater net setup wizard? Great!
- Locate and click Mode > Access Point.
- Hitting the Save button, your TP Link WiFi extender will reboot and switch to the TP Link extender access point mode.
- Once done, connect the extender to your WiFi router and again visit tplinkrepeater net setup wizard.
- Navigate to Quick Setup option for doing TP Link WiFi extender setup as an Access Point.
- You then need to configure your WiFi settings.
- Once done, click Next.
- You will then be asked to confirm the information. So, do the same and click Finish.
This is how you can complete the TP-link extender setup as an access point.
Common Issues During TP-link WiFi Extender Setup
If you are not much familiar with technology, then chances are you may come up with some issues while doing TP-link WiFi extender setup. Below is the list of the most common issues faced by users:
- Intermittent WiFi
- Can’t log in to TP Link WiFi extender
- Unable to access http://tplinkrepeater.net setup wizard
- Forgot TP Link extender password
- http://tplinkrepeater.net not working
- TP Link extender keeps disconnecting
- TP Link extender flashing orange light
If you are facing any of these issues, then check the section given below and learn how to fix TP Link WiFi extender setup issues without any hassle.
How to Fix TP Link Extender Setup Issues?
1. Power Cycle Your Extender
First and foremost, you are advised to power cycle your extender by unplugging its power cable from its power socket. Once you feel that enough time has been given by you to your extender for reviving its performance, plug in the power plug back to its socket and turn on the power button. Now, try to access tplinkrepeater.net setup wizard and see if you can get success with the process or not.
2. Cross-check Cable Connections
If an Ethernet cable has been used by you for connecting your TP-Link extender to the router, then make sure the cable is in working condition and has no cuts. Just in case you have connected both the devices wirelessly, then ensure that the connection between them is firm. Also, ensure that the power sockets you have used for connecting your router and extender are offering an adequate and fluctuation-free power supply.
3. Verify the Web Address
Are you sure that the web address that is being used by you for accessing the tplinkrepeater.net setup wizard is correct? FYI, a single typing error in the default web address of doing TP-Link extender setup process can make you experience the issue you are currently struggling with. So, fill the default web address of your extender into its respective field in a correct manner and cross-check the same before hitting the Enter button.
4. Change the Location of Your Extender
tplinkrepeater.net setup wizard not opening issue can also occur if you have not placed your TP-Link extender at the right location. While doing TP-Link setup of extender, users are advised to keep their extenders in the same room where they have configured their home WiFi routers. Apart from that, the extender should not be hidden under a table or inside a cabinet. It is better to place the extender in an open area, neither too close to the floor nor to the ceiling.
5. Keep WiFi Interference at Bay
You may face issues while doing the setup of TP-Link extender, if your router or extender is placed near devices emitting radio waves. Thus, to get the issue fixed, consider keeping your WiFi devices away from things like baby monitors, microwave ovens, Bluetooth speakers, cellular phones, refrigerators, etc. Apart from that, make sure you place your extender away from reflexive surfaces, metal appliances, aluminum studs, and concrete walls.
6. Update Web Browser
To access the tplinkrepeater.net setup wizard without any hassle, keep in mind to update your web browser to the latest version. In addition, remove cache and cookies from your web browser to avoid any further browser-related issues while doing TP Link range extender setup.
7. Reconfigure Your Extender
Probably, you have not setup TP-Link extender in a proper manner which is why not being able to access the tplinkrepeater.net setup page. If that is the case, consider resetting your extender to the default settings and configuring it again from scratch.
These all are the ways using which you can get rid of the TP-Link extender setup issues.
What is http://tplinkrepeater.net?
http://tplinkrepeater.net is the default web address that can be used for doing TP-link WiFi extender setup without any hassle. If you are a non-techie and don’t know how to perform TP Link WiFi extender setup, then this web address can prove to be of great help. By typing the http://tplinkrepeater.net web address into the URL bar of your web browser and then entering your login details, you can easily complete the process of TP Link setup. At times, however, users face issues while accessing the http tplinkrepeater net web address. If the same is the case with you, then try to reach the http tplinkrepeater net setup wizard, using the default IP address. Or, head towards the next section to learn why tplinkrepeater net web address is not working for you.
Why Can’t I Access tplinkrepeater.net Setup Wizard?
Users, at times, face issues while accessing the tplinkrepeater.net setup wizard. If you are also stuck with the same, here’s the list of possible reasons preventing you from getting success with the TP Link extender setup process.
- A technical glitch in the working of your router or extender.
- The cable connecting your router and TP-Link extender is damaged.
- Power socket used for connecting the TP-Link extender is not working fine.
- The connection between your devices is not proper.
- Typos in the web address to access tplinkrepeater.net setup wizard.
- Your extender is not placed rightly.
- WiFi interference from nearby devices.
- The web browser used to access the tplinkrepeater.net setup page is outdated.
- Improper or partial TP-Link setup extender.
These are the possible reasons averting you from accessing the tplinkrepeater.net setup wizard. Now, let’s give you a nudge on the TP Link troubleshooting tips to fix the issue at hand.
How to Fix tplinkrepeater net not working issue?
- The very first thing you can do to fix http://tplinkrepeater.net not working issue is to check the connectivity of your extender and router. If everything seems fine to you, then simply give your devices a fresh start by rebooting them.
- tplinkrepeater.net not working issue can also come into existence if you have typed the web address into the search bar of your browser, instead of entering it into the URL bar.
- Use of a corrupted web browser can also be the reason behind facing http tplinkrepeater net not working issue. Thus, switch to another web browser and see if it works for you.
- Keeping your TP Link WiFi extender at the right location can also help you fix the http://tplinkrepeater.net not working issue.
- The device you are using to access http://tplinkrepeater.net setup wizard for getting success with the TP Link setup process might have apps installed like ad-blocker, firewall, antivirus, and VPN. If any of these apps are enabled on your device, then consider disabling them on a temporary basis to get the tplinkrepeater.net not working issue fixed.
- Lastly, reset your extender to default settings and again perform the TP-link extender setup process from scratch. This will possibly help you rid yourself of the http tplinkrepeater net not working issue.
Slow Internet Issues After TP Link Range Extender Setup?
TP Link extenders are destined to provide seamless internet access in all areas of your home. But, what if you are facing slow internet issues even after completing TP-Link extender setup? Well, worry not! Implementation of a few hacks will help you fix the problem. All you need to do is, give the below-given steps a shot:
- Place your TP-link extender within the range of your WiFi router. Perhaps, it is not fetching proper signals.
- Update the software of your TP-Link extender to the latest version. This will not only bring bug fixes to your WiFi device but also enhance its overall performance. However, make sure you update the software of your TP Link extender as per the availability of its model.
- Consider changing the password of your TP Link extender. Chances are someone is leeching your WiFi, which is leading you to experience the slow internet issue even after doing TP Link extender setup.
- Have you manually selected the WiFi channel for your extender? If not, then possibly the WiFi channel to which your extender is set to is overcrowded. If that is the case, change it and set it to the least used WiFi channel in your area.
- Probably you have connected a hoard of devices to the network of your TP-Link extender. Overburdened WiFi network can also make you experience slow internet issues. To rid yourself of the same, disconnect devices from your extender’s network that are not in use.
- Lastly, you might have not completed TP Link WiFi extender setup process in a proper manner. If so, press the Reset button on your extender to restore it to the default settings. Once done, check the step-by-step instructions given above in the section ‘how to setup TP Link extender’ and make your device operational in a matter of minutes.
This way you will be able to fix slow WiFi issues with your TP-Link extender.
Need More Assistance?
TP Link WiFi extenders are the foremost solution to keep your smart devices connected with a blazing-fast internet connection. For TP-link WiFi extender setup, you can either check the TP Link manual.
TP Link WiFi Extender Setup – FAQs
Thus, keep in mind to follow each TP-link WiFi extender setup step (given at the top of this page) watchfully while doing tplinkrepeater net setup.
- Make sure your TP Link WiFi extender is getting uninterrupted power supply.
- Use the correct web address to access the TP-link extender setup wizard.
- Make sure the hardware of your extender is not damaged.
- Cross-check the lights on your extender! If the TP Link blinking red, then consider keeping it closer to your home WiFi router.
- Don’t connect your device to a public WiFi for doing TP Link setup.
- Make sure that no VPN or proxy server is enabled on your device.
Improper placement of TP Link extender, outdated firmware, incorrect changes in settings, overcrowded WiFi channel, incomplete or partial http tplinkrepeater net setup, and then some. However, you can fix the TP Link blinking orange issue by relocating your TP link WiFi extender, updating its firmware to the latest version, changing the settings or your extender, switching to a less congested channel, or resetting and reconfiguring your device.